Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Different Perspective than the Prosperity Gospel

Dr. Tson was a pastor in Romania during the communist years. He was repeatedly arrested, interrogated and tortured for sharing the gospel. Dr. Tson provides a very different perspective than the prosperity gospel - perhaps following Jesus is more than just for our benefit.

Today's article is written by Dr. Tson. Here is an excerpt:

"During an earlier interrogation at Ploiesti I had told another officer who threatened to kill me, 'Sir, let me explain how I see this issue. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying... Everyone will know I died for my preaching. And everyone who has a tape will pick it up and say, 'I'd better listen again to what this man preached, because he really meant it: he sealed it with his life.' So, sir, my sermons will speak 10 times louder than before. I will actually rejoice in this supreme victory if you kill me...' As long as I tried to save my life, I was losing it. Now that I was willing to lose it, I found it." - Dr. Josef Tson

You can read the article here: Thank you for the Beating

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the article .. wow.. it makes sense of servant leadership in Matthew 20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Grose - thanks for the comment! I am consistently amazed at the effects of globalization - that a Pastor of an Australian church is reading a blog post from an Texan. It is a true picture of the global church, right?

    ReplyDelete