Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Political Ideology, Pastors, and the Unborn

Typically, I publish a post on Thursday regarding an article I find interesting. Considering tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I decided to publish this post today.

On Monday, Lifeway research (which is one thing Lifeway does really well is their research department) released an article discussing the effects of political ideology on pastors regarding how often they preach on social issues such as abortion.

http://www.lifeway.com/article/?id=169835

According to the article:

98 percent of very conservative pastors are pro-life.

I am disappointed in the 2%.

The issue of pro-life is especially near and dear to my heart. Because our birthmom chose life, I have Parker as my adopted son. If she chose to abort him, Parker would not be the precious addition to my family that he is.

This issue has nothing to do with a woman's right to choose. The central issue is whether life begins at conception or birth. According to everything in me, including my experience, the Holy Spirit, God's Word, and my love for my son, Parker, life begins at conception.

What are your thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. Hey Mark:

    I'm catching up with your blog, so I just saw this. I'm pretty outspoken about my adamant belief that the right to life of all unborn children should be protected by law. According to our Declaration of Independence, we all have an unalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men. Our Founding Fathers recognized that the protection of the right to life was the number one reason to even have a government. Our nation is failing in this primary purpose.

    The advocates of legalized abortion like to call us "anti-choice," a term that couldn't be further from the truth. I am very much in favor of choice. I'm in favor of allowing a child to choose his or her favorite color, the kind of toys to play with, what to be when he or she grows up, etc., etc. None of these choices are possible if that child is murdered while he or she is still at the dawn of life and not yet able to voice his or her choices.

    ReplyDelete